Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Mochiko Day!

As a treat for working hard five days straight, I usually give myself a reward -- big or small to cap my productive week. This time I find myself buying in Mochiko, one of those stalls you pass by in Shangri-La Mall. I always thought that this is a Japanese franchised store but I was wrong. From their website, I learned that this is wholly owned and managed by a Filipino couple. Anyways, I digress, I am supposed to tell you about my take on the Mochiko product.


Those cute little colored balls (looks more like the size of the regular hand stress balls) are made of mochi. A mochi is a Japanese sticky rice pounded finely and shaped into balls usually filled with red bean paste.

Instead of the common filling, Mochiko filled it with different delish ice cream flavors. The ice cream that they are using has real milk and fruit ingredients in it, not the commercialized one. This explains why you get that tiny thing for P75 a piece. Personally, the ever sweet tooth that I am, you would definitely catch me tasting all the available flavors which are shown in the photo below:


They also kept on updating their flavors -- as of this writing they have the very popular Speculoos Cookie Butter! So let us all declare our very own yummy Mochiko Day!




No comments:

Post a Comment