Friday, October 25, 2013

How to go to Shenzhen from HongKong Airport by Train


Early this year my planned trip itinerary was Shenzhen-Hongkong-Macau. Four days in Shenzhen by myself and another four days in Hongkong with my travel buddy slash colleague, Rainby. While in HK we did a day side trip in Macau and that may probably claim another page in this blog one of these days.

Meantime, let me tell you how I navigated my way from HK airport to Shenzhen.



*  Take the Airport Express line and get off at Tsing Yi station. You are now at the Tung Chung line (orange in the map). If  my memory  doesn't fail me, the fare might be from HKD42-48.

*  From Tung Chung, the next stop will be Lai King (Tsuen Wan line, the red line in the map). It is only one station away as well but the travel time is less than that from the airport to Tsing Yi.

*  Next stop from Lai King is Prince Edward (Kwun Tong line is in green) and guess what -- yes, get off at Kowloon Tong.

*  Finally, you reach the blue line, East Rail line which ends in Lohu and you're on your way to Shenzhen.




I believe there might be a simpler way to reach Lowu from the airport but personally this the most cost effective and 99% free of the probability of getting lost especially if one is a firs timer.










No comments:

Post a Comment