Friday, September 6, 2013

The Agony of Waiting for a Visa

Just now, I received a text from my travel buddy, Rainby. She was so ecstatic judging from the way she capitalized the WOOT-WOOTs and the WOOHOOs. Or she might be excited too because she got herself a  brand new Samsung GS4 but that's another thing. Last week we finally lodged our application at the Korean Embassy and we're supposed to go again yesterday to pick it up. She did. I didn't. And she got the coveted Korean visa. And here I am still waiting -- not to mention apprehensively waiting -- and all those what ifs that runs inadvertently in my mind.

The huge rain was a bummer. As I was about to go, it suddenly rained. Not just a simple downpour. Just like someone from up there just decided to throw down on us mortals pails and pails of water. Enough of  the wet me braving my way through the streets to go to work because of heavy rains. I had a choice. The visa can wait and that was my choice. Now, this mental torture of asking myself, did I get the stamp or not?

I'll be in this hovering state for the next four days or so and whatever it is, everything will always be just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment